Secure the Support and Expertise You Need to Start a Charter School
It takes a team of experts to complete the intensive process of starting a charter school. TRG is your team.
The Romine Group supports educators, parents, and communities in making their vision for excellent schools a reality
Starting a new charter school is a monumental feat.
To submit a charter application, you’ll need mountains of paperwork:
- A detailed curriculum;
- A fine-tuned operational structure;
- A well-developed budget;
- A leadership plan, etc.
When it’s done, the application will fill the largest three-ring binder you can buy. Sometimes two.
Once you receive a charter to open, you’ll need hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure a building, renovate it, hire staff, order books, technology and supplies …
At The Romine Group, we give you the expertise, support, systems, structure and financial wherewithal to bring your school to reality.
We know extraordinary education. We’ll help you create it for your children.
TRG supports your efforts, from developing the charter application, to securing a building, to hiring staff, and ensuring governmental compliance.
TRG Combines Business + Educational Expertise to Open and Operate Charter Schools
Whether you’re pre-operational or open and pursuing continual improvement, The Romine Group supports you in achieving educational excellence
Our pre-operational services include hands-on support in:
- Conducting community meetings with parents, leaders and educators to understand what they want in a school
- Developing an exhaustive charter application — a monstrous document detailing your educational program, budget, curriculum, governance structure, etc.
- Locating a site, planning renovations or preparing for new construction
- Identifying an administrator and creating a highly effective educational team
- Applying for a charter school startup grant
Our operational services following receipt of a charter include:
- Securing startup funds
- Overseeing renovation or construction
- Purchasing books, technology, supplies, and materials
- Hiring and training leaders and staff
- Marketing and recruitment of students
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with state and federal regulations
- Supporting continual improvement in educational offerings and achievement
Bottom line: starting and operating a school requires educational excellence and business acumen. The Romine Group gives you both.
Educators at TRG Schools view academic excellence as a requirement for every child.
TRG Schools Uphold Higher Standards to Accelerate Achievement & Student Development
“Select Standards” guide school leaders, teachers in use of best practices for operational excellence
At schools served by The Romine Group, educators are obsessed with extraordinary education. We continuously seek best practices, including through 12 “Select Standards” we all share. Examples of those standards include:
- Mission and vision. Striving for excellence is a given. Beyond that, each school advances chosen concepts such as character, value, artistry, diversity, etc.
- 21st century learning objectives. We review and update objectives for every lesson, so everything we do is relevant in tomorrow’s world.
- Assessments. Are children making progress? What specific concepts have they mastered … or not? If they’re not “getting it,” why not? We measure. Evaluate. Adapt. Then we start the process again.
- Research-based instructional practices. Education is an amazing science. Research emerges constantly that can improve instructional strategies, classroom management, and curriculum design. We keep up, so students achieve more.
- Remediation and enrichment. Every student should have an individualized learning plan tailored to his or her strengths and challenges. Our lessons, assistance and programs proactively take all children forward.
- Professional development. Educational practices evolve swiftly, so we make high-quality professional development a priority. Our teams study with some of the greatest, most energized, most inspiring leaders in education.
The Select Standards are supported by corporate staff at The Romine Group. It’s one of the ways TRG combines business practices with the pursuit of educational excellence.
Starting a school, or bringing one to excellence, is a rigorous process. We're happy to discuss how we might help you.
What To Do Next
Starting a Charter Public School?
Call The Romine Group.
Interested in starting a new charter public school? Need help bringing an existing charter school to excellence?
The Romine Group and its leadership team would be happy to speak with you.
Call us at 586-731-5300 or send us an email by clicking here.